The General Awareness section plays a vital role in your preparation of SSC MTS exam 2018-19, mostly due to the fact that it is scoring and requires less time to attempt. If you are well-prepared for this section, you can easily attempt questions in 2 minutes in SSC MTS exam. Furthermore, to be well-prepared for the General Awareness section, you need to adopt regularity.
Staff Selection Commission conducts the SSC MTS exam every year to fill the various posts of SSC Multitasking in Central Government Departments of India. Candidates who want to grab a post under SSC MTS 2018-19 will be selected on the basis of their performance in Paper 1 and Paper 2. In order to guide you in the right direction and give you an edge over the preparation of SSC MTS, we are sharing some of the best tips and strategies to score good marks in General Awareness section of SSC MTS.
Tips to Prepare General Knowledge for SSC MTS 2018-19
Having no tricks or formulas to mug up, General Knowledge section is the easiest and scoring section for SSC MTS 2018-19. 25 questions are asked from this section which makes this section equally important as Quant or Reasoning section. It is advisable for you to adopt a smart way to frame your study plan by keeping in mind the exam pattern and understanding the requirement of the exam.
Let’s look at the preparation strategy and important tips for General Knowledge Section of SSC MTS 2018-19.
The GK section is broadly divided into three major parts i.e. Science, Static GK and Miscellaneous topics. Below is the tabulated form of the chapters/topics with the weight they carry in the SSC MTS exam.
Topic-Wise Strategy to Prepare General Awareness Section
The General Awareness section cannot be mastered in one day or in a month. Work hard on this section daily to improve your speed and accuracy. You can easily score good marks in this section easily if you devote 1-2 hours daily for the topics of General Knowledge. Now, we are discussing topic-wise tips to prepare for SSC MTS exam.
- Current Affairs– You need to be consistent with this topic. Do not forget to focus on last 6 months current affairs from the date of the exam.
- Geography/ History/ Indian Polity/ Constitution-Being one of the vast topics of the syllabus, you cannot complete the entire thing from these topics. The best way to prepare these topics is by practice. Solve an ample amount of questions in order to memorize the important things which you have learnt.
- Science and Technology-Questions are asked from Physics, Chemistry, Computer and Biology. Focus on the theoretical part as no numerical question will be asked from these topics. Basic and very easy questions are asked from this topic.
- Economy and Finance– Basic questions are asked from this topic like common terms Consumption, Saving, Monopoly etc. The important thing to keep in mind for this topic is not to study Economics in very deep. Solve mock test and a good amount of quizzes to increase your speed and accuracy for the section.
- Static General Knowledge-This is one of the important topics for General Awareness section. To easily score good marks in this topic, read newspapers on daily basis and keep yourself updated with national and international events. Remember all the details of any famous event which has occurred before your SSC MTS exam.
Tips & Tricks to Ace General Knowledge Section of SSC MTS
- Solve previous year question paper as that will help you in knowing the type of questions asked in the exam and the difficulty level of the questions.
- Dedicate proper time to revise the important things which you have learnt
- Start your preparation with NCERT book and move to Lucent General Knowledge book for important condensed information on major topics.
- Create your own notes of every topic as that will be beneficial for you at the time of your revision.
- Do not try to complete every topic quickly. Pick one topic, read it carefully and then solve questions series and analyse your mistakes.
- Try to enrol yourself in any kind of General Knowledge quizzes as that will boost your confidence and enhance your chances of scoring higher marks in SSC MTS exam.
- Do not involve in any kind of guesswork. Attempt only those questions which you are sure about it as this will help you in saving your time and earning a good score in the section.
Due to the large syllabus of the GK section, do not ignore this section. Read important things and you can easily score good marks in this section. Moreover, this section can really help you in achieving your goal as with regular practice and hard work you can get success definitely.
For more information or query regarding tips for preparation of General Awareness section of SSC MTS exam 2018-19, share your comment below in the comment section.
Don’t forget to download SSC MTS preparation app. It provides free study material, quizzes, mock test, previous year papers, and all the updates related to exams.